Stem Cell Therapy Treatment
Solving issues in the human body caused by cell degeneration or malfunction.
What Are Stem Cells?
Stem Cells are primitive cells in the human body that can develop into muscles, brain, nerves, and many other cell types. This unique property of stem cells makes them highly useful in treating conditions that are caused due to damaged and degenerated tissues, or controlling diseases which are a result of general cell dysfunction.
Here's How Stem Cell Therapy Works
Stem cell therapy is a fascinating new field of regenerative medicine. Stem cells have the ability to repair and regenerate, making the healing process of the body occur faster and easier.
We are aware of many mechanisms by which stem cells actually work, including but not limited to:
- Sending out growth factors, cytokines, and exosomes into an area that requires healing
- Modulating the immune system by impacting the TH1 and TH2 responses
- Donating their mitochondria to native cells that are dying and/or damaged
- Self replicating, therefore having a bigger impact in the area they are applied to.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Mesenchymal stem cells are the type we are most interested in utilizing in a clinical setting. They are found abundantly in bone marrow, fat, and certain types of birth tissue. MSCs have the ability to differentiate into a number of tissue types, such as:
- Chondrocytes (cartilage generation)
- Osteoblasts (bone formation)
- Osteoclasts (breaking down of things like bone spurs)
- Nerve tissue
- Adipocytes (adipose tissue)
- Myocytes (muscle)
- Endothelial cells
THE BEST PART!
The best part about using stem cell therapy treatment is the wide safety profile, especially when talking about the ones that can be found in YOUR OWN body (this is also known as autologous use). Allogeneic use (from a donor) can also be quite useful, and this is the main practice in many countries such as Panama, Germany, and others.
In the past, patients of ours have sought out stem cell therapy treatment due to suffering with the following concerns:
- Low back pain (including diagnoses of arachnoiditis, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, and more)
- Neck pain (including diagnoses of stenosis, degeneration, and radiculopathy)
- Pain in other joints (such as hip, shoulders, knees, elbows, etc.)
- Autoimmune disorders (such as MS, lichen sclerosus, Sjogren’s, and more)
- Nerve damage (including peripheral neuropathy, brachial plexus injuries, and more)
- Sexual dysfunction (erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s, lichen sclerosus, orgasmic difficulty)
We use the logic that any time the body is in need of healing or recovery, it is reasonable to consider utilizing stem cell therapy treatment to accelerate that process and provide relief for our patients.
To see if you are a candidate for stem cell therapy treatment, schedule a complimentary 20min call with our doctor.
The Benefits Of Stem Cell Therapy
No foreign bodies are introduced.
Autologous stem cells are not foreign bodies that are introduced into the system like antibiotics.